Terms & Conditions
LPS® Laboratories, an Illinois Tool Works Company
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Welcome to the Website operated by LPS® Laboratories. ("LPS"). This Website (the "LPS Website" or the "Website") provides general information about LPS, and its products, free of charge to users in the United States.
USE OF THE LPS WEBSITE
You agree to use the LPS Website only for lawful purposes:
- Specifically you agree not to do any of the following: (1) upload to or transmit on the LPS Website any defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that is, or may be, protected by copyright, without permission from the copyright owner; (2) use the LPS Website to violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others or to violate the laws of any jurisdiction; (3) intercept or attempt to intercept electronic mail not intended for you; (4) misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organization; (5) upload to or transmit on the LPS Website any advertisements or solicitations of business; (6) restrict or inhibit use of the LPS Website by others; (7) upload or otherwise transmit files that contain a virus or corrupted data; (8) collect information about others (including e-mail addresses) without their consent; (9) download a file or software or include in a message any software, files or links that you know, or have reason to believe, cannot be distributed legally over the LPS Website or that you have a contractual obligation to keep confidential (notwithstanding its availability on the LPS® Website); (10) post "spam," transmit chain letters or engage in other similar activities; or (11) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the LPS Website, or which, as determined by LPS, may harm LPS or users of the LPS Website or expose them to liability.
- Any content and/or opinions uploaded, expressed or submitted to a message board, chatroom or any other publicly available section of the LPS Website (including password-protected areas), and all articles and responses to questions, other than the content provided by LPS, are solely the opinions and responsibility of the person or entity submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of LPS. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for whatever content you submit, and you, not LPS, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability and appropriateness. By uploading or otherwise transmitting material to any area of the LPS Website, you warrant that the material is your own or is in the public domain or otherwise free of proprietary or other restrictions and that you have the right to post it to the LPS Website. You grant to LPS the right to use all content you upload or otherwise transmit to the LPS Website in any manner LPS chooses, including, but not limited, to copying, displaying, performing or publishing it in any format whatsoever, modifying it, incorporating it into other material or making a derivative work based on it.
- LPS reserves the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to (1) remove any material posted on the LPS Website which LPS, in its sole discretion, deems inconsistent with the foregoing commitments, including any material LPS has been notified, or has reason to believe, constitutes a copyright infringement; and (2) terminate any user's access to all or part of the LPS Website. However, LPS can neither review all material before it is posted on the LPS Website nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, LPS assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by third parties. LPS reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of users of this Website and the public; however, LPS has no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this paragraph.
- Your failure to comply with the provisions of (a) or (b) above may result in the termination of your access to the LPS Website and may expose you to civil and/or criminal liability.
COPYRIGHT RESTRICTIONS/USE OF CONTENT
The entire contents of this Website (including all information, software, text, displays, images and audio) and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are proprietary to LPS or its licensors and are protected by United States and international laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other proprietary rights. You are authorized only to use the content on the LPS Website for personal use or legitimate business purposes related to your role as a current or prospective customer, supplier or distributor of LPS. You may not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display or perform, republish, store, transmit or distribute any of the material on this site without the prior written consent of LPS, except to: (a) store copies of such materials temporarily in RAM, (b) store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes, and (c) print a reasonable number of pages of the LPS Website; provided in each case that you do not alter or remove any copyright or other proprietary notices included in such materials. Neither the title nor any intellectual property rights to any information or material in this Website are transferred to you, but remain with LPS or the applicable owner of such content. Except as expressly authorized by LPS in writing, you may not reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purposes (a) any part of this Website, (b) access to this Website or (c) use of this Website or of any services or materials available through this Website.
The term " LPS" is a trademark and the LPS logo and all related product and service names, designs and slogans are registered to Illinois Tool Works (ITW) trademarks. You may not use such marks without LPS 's prior written permission. All other names, brands and marks are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
DEALINGS WITH MERCHANTS
If you choose to correspond, participate in a promotion or engage in transactions with any merchant found on or through this Website, you acknowledge and agree that LPS is not a party to, and will not be responsible for, your interaction with such merchant, including its treatment of your information and the terms and conditions applicable to any transaction between you and the merchant. The terms of your interaction with any merchant are solely between you and such merchant. You agree that LPS will have no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any kind that you may suffer as the result of any such interaction or the presence of such merchants on this Website.
LIABILITY OF LPS AND ITS LICENSORS
LPS does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, or available through, the LPS Website (the "Site Content"). Reliance on the Site Content is solely at your own risk. LPS disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of any Site Content.
THE LPS WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. NEITHER LPS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH LPS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE LPS WEBSITE. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER LPS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH LPS WARRANTS OR REPRESENTS THAT THE LPS WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE LPS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT THE LPS WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. LPS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL LPS OR ITS LICENSORS OR CONTRACTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE LPS WEBSITE, THE SITE CONTENT, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE LPS WEBSITE OR THE SITE CONTENT, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY LPS AND WHETHER OR NOT LPS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless LPS and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, third-party information providers, licensors and others involved in the LPS Website or the delivery of products, services or information over the LPS Website, from and against any and all liabilities, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising from any violation by you of this Agreement or your use of the LPS Website or any products, services or information obtained from this Website.
SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION TO LPS
COMMENTS AND SUBMISSIONS
LPS welcomes your comments. All comments, suggestions or other information sent by you to this Website for internal use by LPS or its advertisers or business partners or in response to solicitations on this Website, will become LPS's property, and you agree that all intellectual property rights therein are transferred to LPS. You understand that any postings to publicly available portions of the LPS Website are non-confidential for all purposes.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The LPS Website may contain links to other Websites on the Internet. LPS is not responsible for and does not endorse the content, products or services of any third-party Websites, including, without limitation, sites framed within the LPS Website or third-party advertisements, and does not make any representations regarding their quality, content or accuracy. Your use of third-party Websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such Websites.
US GOVERNMENT USERS
Use, duplication, or disclosure by the United States Government is subject to the restrictions set forth in DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) and FAR 52.227-19 and any other successor regulations that may be applicable.
The owner of this Website is based in the State of Illinois, USA. LPS makes no representation that materials in this Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access this Website from other locations, you are responsible for complying with local laws.
Next Generation 2.0
The LPS® 2.0 generation of products is formulated for superior performance with an emphasis on the safety of the industrial user. Each product within the line offers an alternative chemistry compared to the original LPS® product with an improved health and safety profile.
Products available in the 2.0 line include:
• Instant Super Degreaser 2.0
• NoFlash® 2.0 Electro Contact Cleaner
• Electra-X 2.0 Contact Cleaner
All three products offer formulations that are n-PB free with improved performance as well as cost-advantages over the original LPS® formulations.
Click to visit our ITW Pro Brands Channel on: